Audit, verify and reconcile daily and monthly transactions for assigned Convenience Stores, ensuring transactions are recorded accurately and comply with the company’s accounting policies and procedures.
Major Duties / Responsibilities
1. Reconciliation and verification of various transactions for assigned convenience stores, subway, cardlock and commission locations. This includes but not limited to: Bank deposits, coupons, paid outs, credit cards, fuel, etc.
2. Weekly reconciliation of State of Michigan lottery
3. Entering and correction of C-Store invoicing for inventory accuracy
4. Importing and reconciliation of fuel Bill of Ladings
5. Balancing and posting local charges
6. Identify any variances and resolve with store leadership and area management
7. Provide customer support to resolve credit card charges being disputed
8. Prepare month-end reconciliations and activities supporting month-end closing. This includes but not limited to: Review all processed and approved reconciliations, counting and mailing coupons to appropriate manufacturer, shredding and file cabinet organization, etc.
9. Follow accounting policies and procedures. Complete company-required training within established deadlines.
Identifying and resolving variances in transactions
Most Complex Problems:
Training of C-Store management to identify and resolve incorrect submitted daily totals
DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY AND RESPONSIBILITY:
The incumbent uses established policies and procedures to reconcile and post daily and monthly transactions. The incumbent works with Convenience Store Managers to resolve any variances.
Other decisions referred for approval
Variances over an established limit are referred to the Team Leader. Problems which cannot be resolved are also referred to the Team Leader.